Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Special World is Cooler Than Narnia

The other day the sun was setting and it illuminated a patch on the ceiling that I had never noticed before. I went over and touched it and thought to myself, "this could be my special escape hatch into a fantasy world." It wasn't, but if it would have been, then I can guarantee it would be way cooler than Narnia and might go something like this.... 

First of all instead of a closet, I'd climb up into the ceiling, but when I came out on the other side I'd be in a forest that smelled like fresh pizza. Instead of Mr. Tumnus I'd encounter a half man and half kitten named Mr. Coolness.

He'd tell me that the kingdom was once run by King Gogofet who was a family man who was very just with his subjects, but after his death, the evil queen Shanistra who was out of touch with her subjects took control of the kingdom. She had a pet dragon in the her dungeon which was a man eater and she'd feed her disobedient subjects to it.

He'd then tell me that the queen had many creatures and spies who act as private eyes for her and that we needed to go to a safe haven. Once there, he tells me about princess Sara. She is a rich girl and you'd think she'd be happy, but she's been under a spell from the evil queen and is unable to laugh. In fact there is a reward for anyone who might be able to make Sara smile.

Just then the queen's guards broke in and I was so close to escaping but was finally captured and taken to the castle. She tells me that I must fight her to the death. I said I can't go for that and I don't fight women. She then laughs and says I can fight her dragon instead. I am then forced to do battle one on one against the dragon. She was shocked when I used my magical harp and defeated the dragon easily, what really made her furious was how fast I slayed it. I did it in a minute. Upon seeing the queen get so angry, Princess Sarah giggled and said "You make my dreams come true."

There you have it. In my fantasy world there would be non stop subliminal references to Hall and Oates songs. How many did you recognize?

6 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

Brilliant! And nice of you to not fight women. Especially if she is cooking pizza for you.

Hey, video of me as Barney on my blog!

Kristina P. said...

Not a single one!

Eric said...

Only caught four... great post!

Anonymous said...

I found 6 song titles in there. Are there more?

Cam said...

I think I found 7, how many are there?

Tom said...

There are 11 Hall and Oates song titles in that stupid story. I'll have to find a prize for the person who can find them all and list them in the comments section.