Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Simplification Is The Answer

I love to simplify things. I hate messes, clutter, unnecessary paperwork and red tape. Few things are more beautiful than something that has been streamlined and simplified. (Think the opposite of a Lady Gaga outfit.) When I used to work in real estate, I enjoyed helping people stage their homes and remove the junk and clutter so the home would be more appealing to buyers.

One of the culprits that makes things more complicated is the fact that people now how hundreds of cable or satellite channels. Why would a person ever need more than 20 channels? Remote controls are also a joke these days. I only need the power, mute, volume, channel and the jump buttons. I hate having so many buttons on them and I hate the fact that I have 4 different controls I have to deal with.

I enjoy the technological advancements of our day, but let's keep things simple. I have so many demands and so little time to reform the world. Speaking of simplicity, I have to include one of my favorite Onion news stories about the Apple Mac Wheel. This has been around a while, but it still makes me laugh. I guess this is one example of how simplifying something too the extreme can make things much more complicated.

2 comments:

Jeanne Estridge said...

"The absinthe arrived by airmail."

Snort.

mCat said...

Very funny stuff! I love the Onion and I can't even watch my big screen tv downstairs without some help with the remotes. Pathetic