Friday, April 20, 2012

Giving In To Twitter

Seeing how the feedback from my last post was so dismal, I decided to forgo the Pinterest dare until Facebook ends up switching me or tricking me over to their timeline format. Just 3 comments on my prior post? Back in my prime I was averaging 10 comments on most mediocre posts. Anyway, while I was feeling in an adventuresome mood, I went ahead and did something I swore I'd never do. I set up a Twitter account.

Last year I did a post about my dislike and bias against Twitter so I feel kind of embarrassed to admit that I have really gotten into it over the last several days and think it's pretty cool. It's kind of like an abbreviated Facebook, but I can be friends with Oprah, Obama, and Lady Gaga without them ever having to friend me. I think the technical word for that is stalking. (I don't actually follow any of them, but you get the idea.)

Things I like about Twitter:

1) The messages are short so they don't take long to read. If I had to contain my posts to140 characters, they would only be two sentences long. I know some of you would like that too.

2) There are some really clever and funny comments I've come across.

Things I don't like:

1) I don't care for all of the crude comments and language that is common with so many users. Most of the messages are pretty shallow. Sometimes I feel like I'm back in junior high when I'm reading updates.

2) They still call the comments tweets. I thought someone would have fixed that by now.

Anyway, if you are on Twitter, I just want you to know you can now access abbreviated Chaka's World type of thoughts at Tom@Chaka4612. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go see what Tom Hanks and Conan have been up to today.

3 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

If you want to follow me I have two accounts. @DrZibbs and @Fatherkelly (I'll follow you back on the Zibbs one but I only follow celebs - and don't read any tweets - on FatherKelly

Tom said...

Zibbs, Thanks- I was already following you. So on your second account you said you only follow celebrities, I guess I will know I have arrived when you consider me a "celebrity".

Lisa said...

I have twitter but hardly there. WIll go look for you. I am into building relationships and bonding that is why I am here. I do a bit of stalking too even here at this blogworld. So, so far the experience has been satisfying. And my blog has a new address.