Friday, August 20, 2021

My Rantings About Tik Tok

I've been critical of several social media platforms in the past and I'm up for a new round today. Over the last year I've noticed a lot of trends with Tik Tok. I don't have the app but I am always flooded with Tik Toks that are being promoted on Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Today I'd like to share my analysis of this trending platform.

I first remember seeing a bunch of teenagers doing dance moves in unison and that was my first exposure to it. I then started seeing some funny comedy skits on Tik Tok. There are some DIY projects and occasional life hack tips. I have to admit there have been some funny and creative things, but it is usually cringe! Lately the trend seems to be a bunch of women trying to prove how confident and happy they are and how much better they are since they got divorced or started their new online business. "I think she doth protest too much."

This platform was made for people who want to dance around to music and point a finger as their short message appears while nodding their head in approval. There are like 10 songs that they always use over and over as they either do a short comedy skit, brag about how successful they are, or twerk and show off their body. I can't get that stupid "Oh no, oh no, oh no no no no no" song out of my head.

I'm going to make a parody video mocking these Tik Toks and will post it here later.


1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm looking forward to your parody video!