Monday, August 9, 2010
So to help you understand where I am coming from, I'm sharing the following memories to help you see if we grew up around the same time.
You might be from my generation if you...
* know what people are talking about when they say phrases like "Dynomite!", "smiles everyone", or "don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry."
* remember when MTV used to actually play music videos.
* have never worn your pants down around your knees.
* were ever impressed with the Atari 2600 game graphics.
* know what it was like to watch a football game on TV without the enhanced digitized yard markers.
* have actually "dialed" a telephone number or you didn't grow up with caller ID. Answering the phone back then was like playing Russian roulette.
* remember Rerun sneaking a giant tape recorder into a Doobie Brothers Concert on What's Happening.
* remember when soda can pull tabs came completely off.
* remember when the only people who had cell phones were doctors and 4 star generals.
* remember your Saturday morning cartoons were laced with School House Rock.
* know the sound effect that a bionic limb makes when it is used.
* were regularly piled into the back of a station wagon with your brothers and sisters without seat belts.
* can't remember seeing any of your favorite NBA players with a visible tattoo.
* thought Disney movies had amazing special effects.
* remember worrying for your life the night sky lab fell to earth.
* you know what music group sang the title to this post.