Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Evolution

I believe in some evolutionary concepts like survival of the fittest and adaptation, but I don't buy into Darwin's whole evolution theory. What's my reasoning for this? Is it because I'm close minded and don't believe scientific evidence, or perhaps I have conflicting religious beliefs? Maybe, but the biggest reason is because of the chart below which is frequently used to teach evolution.


The biggest problem I have with this diagram is that it is supposed to represent changes made over millions of years, but over the lasts 25 years I have personally played basketball with guys who look like the last four figures on this chart. In case you were wondering, mouth breathing Neanderthal men still exist today. Just go to a local gym and hang out long enough and you will see them. They are no longer named Kronk and Grog and don't carry clubs or spears, but don't be fooled, they are still among us.

I'm not trying to be rude to guys that look like Ron Pearlman. I even include myself as taking a couple steps back on the evolutionary chain since my knuckles sometimes drag on the floor when I walk. I was going to end this post with "I'm just sayin..." but it does not sound masculine enough even though I think it would fit well so instead I will end with this sentence.

1 comment:

Crystal Pistol said...

The thing about your basketball buddies me laugh.