Sunday, January 10, 2010

My New Droid

As you know from my recent post about cell phones, I have been in the market for a new phone for quite a while. I have always been technologically challenged and have never even initiated a text message before. I finally got with the times and upgraded to a Motorola Droid phone from Verizon. It took some getting used to, but I have been amazed with the phone and I love it. I finally have everything I need on one device. A phone, camera, video recorder, Internet, e-mail, texting, GPS, google maps, MP3 player, voice recognition, movies, etc. There are also thousands of additional free applications that can be downloaded onto it.

I think the final thing that pushed me to make the purchase was seeing several AT&T commercials featuring Luke Wilson bad mouthing Verizon. I always hate to see companies bash each other. I wish PC/Apple, Coke/Pepsi, Ford/Chevy and all the other rivals could just get along. Maybe instead of all the commercials, they could just have a cage match with the CEO of each company to settle things once and for all.

I'm really happy with my phone, but I'm a little worried because I find myself constantly engrossed with it. I feel like I'm turning into a socially backwards teenager, because I am now frequently typing messages, looking stuff up, or listening to music with my headphones while I'm around other people. At least I haven't gotten distracted by playing video games on it yet.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

My brother has the Droid and loves it. I have the MyTouch. I love it too!

Kelly said...

When my husband and I are on a date and he takes his similar phone (sorry- we are mac people), I call it his other girlfriend because he can't seem to put her down either. He claims to remain true to me, but I can see through that lie....

Eric said...

Well, be sure that you run the 'drive car while I'm doing stuff' app if you are going to be texting / surfing while in your vehicle.

Tom said...

Eric, Good point. I have actually been a safer driver since I started using this device since it has voice control and hands free features. It is scary how many drivers I see texting or clueless to their surroundings while driving.

Dr Zibbs said...

I've been thinking about checking this out. I like that the new OS will allow you to tweet by voice recognition.