Friday, April 30, 2010

Check These Guys Out

Sometimes I feel like I'm in the minority when it comes to blogging since the sport is usually dominated by women. I have a greater appreciation for Louisa May Alcott being the only woman in the Authors card game now. I have addressed this topic once before when I wrote about Manly Blogging. I'd like to take this topic a step further and highlight some other male bloggers I may not have mentioned before. It's time to give back or pay it forward or whatever you call it. Here are 4 men's blogs you should check out if you haven't already.

Cheeseboy- Is a school teacher and is a talented writer. I am fairly new to his blog, but I really enjoy his style of humor and he makes me laugh. He recently got a ton of followers by doing a publicity stunt. That kind of reminds me of when I had my stand off with the SWAT team until I got my 100 followers. You can check his blog out at The Blog O' Cheese.

Eric- Is one of the smartest guys I know. He is very cultured and spends time jet setting around Europe. I'm pretty sure he knows the difference between Doric, Ionic, and Corinthian pillars. He's an artist, musician, linguist, craftsman, and an all around Renaisannce man like Leonardo Decaprio. I mean Da Vinci. He has the brains of Rick Steves combined with the Coolness of Indiana Jones. If you ever want to learn something new check out his blog at Bored Neoclassical Guy.

Calvin- Is one of the most prolific bloggers I know. He is constantly posting a wide variety of topics, but I've noticed several re-occuring themes like super heroes, octopuses, kittens, politics, etc. He's not afraid to speak his mind. He posts so much material that I have accused him of being multiple people. You can check out his blog at Calvin's Canadian Cave of Coolness.

Captain Mystery- This guy really is mysterious. It is nice to finally find someone who makes my weird thoughts seem normal. I was shocked to recently see that I am still his only follower. He keeps his posts short, sweet, bizarre, and funny. The best analogy I can make for his blog would be "Christopher Walken reading fortune cookies" See for yourself at Captain Mystery.

There you have it. 4 guys who prove that men can blog too.

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

The only one I read is Cheeseboy. I will have to check out the others.

I think you would also like Teachinfourth. He is also a teacher, and is very funny.

Cheeseboy said...

Chaka - SO COOL of you to do this! Thanks man. We male bloggers definitely have to stick together.

I love your blog too. You always have an interesting take on life - I am only ticked that I missed your publicity stunt, but it sounds even more awesome than mine. I'm going to go back into your archives.

Everyday Goddess said...

What a sweetie you are ~ I'll be on my way to visit the fella's.

I think it's pay it forward, but whatev, it's all good!

Eric said...

Thanks for the shout out! I'll check out all the others as soon as I finish buying my tix to Como.

elesa said...

My brother-in-law blogs too. Sometimes. Every once in a while. But it is funny when he does!

http://lancewhitaker.blogspot.com/

Cam said...

Thanks for the free commercial. I'll take Walken reading fortune cookies as a compliment.