Thursday, April 1, 2010

Identity Crisis


I was going to write an April Fools post today, but I'm just not that fun. I haven't done any kind of April Fools activities for a long time. I think I stopped around the same time I quit worrying about wearing green on St. Patricks day. Instead of trying to write something clever, I think I will use today's post to get some feedback from my wise friends.

When I set this blog up two and a half years ago, I decided to use a name that would allow me to maintain some anonymity. I decided to use an old alias from The Land of the Lost days. When I started Chaka's World, I did not know that Chaka Kahn also had a website called Chaka's World. I was not trying to plagiarize or piggy back from her website. I only realized this after I came across her site, while trying to look up my blog. I can only imagine how disappointed her fans must be when my blog comes up instead . All I can say to them is "I feel for you."

It is getting harder and harder to come up with an original idea or name these days with all the information and instant communication on the Internet. The monks back in the dark ages had it easy when it came to copyrighting something since there was no competition. Actually, I guess they had it hard since they were more like human xerox machines.

Anyway, I have been tempted to lose the neanderthal boy profile picture and just use my real identity but I'm afraid I would scare followers away if instead of seeing a hairy ape boy for my avatar, they would see a hairy ape man. So, for the next 10 days I am conducting a poll. I value your input so let me know what you think. Should Chaka change his identity/name to a real person or should he maintain his immature identity until he gets sued by Sid and Marty Crofft?

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I vote for coming out of the closet!!

Eric said...

"I feel for you."
Hahhahaa! Funniest reference read all day...

On the moniker update, hmmm, I'd tend to leave as is. If Sid and Marty didn't come after you when the Land of the Lost film was done, I think you might be in the clear.

Cheeseboy said...

My feeling is that Chaka Khan stole that moniker from YOU! What a butthole he/she is!

elesa said...

Even though I see the picture of the little hairy boy with the enormous brow ridge, I still think of Chaka Khan. I'm not sure if that is a vote for or against.

MikkSolo said...

Chaka's World belongs to you! Chaka was on the Land of the Lost LONG before "Chaka Khan" became famous. I wouldn't reveal your true Identity. I know your Bruce Wayne and you should keep your BATMAN.

Tom said...

It looks like today the polls closed and we are at a tie on the vote, so we will keep things as they are.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Hell yeh keep them the way they are. Chaka can bite me...the singer not the little ape guy. That kid is alright. I like his 'moxie'. But no one is saying he can't have a buddy in the real world who comes visits him from time to time and looks exactly like you. Problem solved. See, that's what I do. I see a problem and I solve it.

wv - firdsm - damn right, FIRDSM