Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Hierarchy of M & M's

For today's post, I'd like to rank my favorite M & M colors, but before we continue, I'd like to make it clear that Peanut M & M s are superior to plain. I'm pretty sure all the different colors taste the same, but some colors definitely produce a more positive emotional response and make me feel better than others.

I know it sounds kind of racist to judge candy by it's color. I am not that way when it comes to judging people. I want to make it clear that I am not so shallow and judgemental to judge a human being by the color of their skin. I judge them by how attractive they are.

But seriously folks, after years of analyzing and eating M & Ms, I have found the hierarchy to go as follows: green, yellow, brown, orange, red, and finally blue.

Green- these are far superior to all other colors.
Yellow- a close second for this exciting color.
Brown- It's kind of boring looking but is probably the most natural color.
Orange- Remind me of Reece's Pieces, but I guess they're okay for October.
Red- These are just too intense and stress me out. They look like Boston Baked Beans.
Blue- Completely unnatural color for a chocolate candy. I don't mind the artificial colors for the other ones, but I have my limits when it comes to blue food. Even though these are uncalled for, I still eat them.

There is actually another one I forgot to mention which I would rank below blue. My least favorite is actually Eminem the rapper. He always seems angry and has so much attitude. If he could just chill out and relax I might move him up a notch below the red. Somebody needs to give that guy a hug.

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

This made me chuckle. I do like all M&M's/Eminems alike. Em is sober now, so I think he's embraced his softer side.

W.C.Camp said...

I think they had a WHITE M&M for awhile too so that is my vote for the least favorite!!! I cannot allow Blue to be in last place! W.C.C.

Crystal Pistol said...

I'm not a huge fan of the candy. They actually DO, melt in your hand, ya know...

My husband loves them though. He is no respecter of color though. :)

Karen said...

LOL I feel the same way about the blue ones. They just don't belong :)

mCat said...

So funny about your hierarchy since I have to eat mine by color. Not because of tastes, but beacuase I am weird like that.

First yellow - because I like that color least and it's the lightest.

Green, Orange, Red, Blue and then Brown. Two at a time. Always the same color order. (I'm the same with skittles)

And hey....don't be an Eminem hatah! Marshall Mathers is sober, drug free and yes, a very angry white kid, but I would totally hug him if I could.

Mary said...

Last year we dressed up as M&M's for a family party. When I mentioned this to a friend she looked a little confused/surprised-She thought I said "Eminem".

I totally agree with your assessment of blue M&Ms at the bottom of the hierarchy- but I still eat them, too.

Rach said...

Funny!

Heather Henry said...

Ok, so I'm beginning to feel like a stalker, but I saw the M&M's and I had to comment. I LOVE M&M's!! Favorite all time candy and I too, rate them by color. Green is the bomb diggity! I even dressed up as a green m&m once. And one year, my best friend gave me a huge jar filled with only green m&m's. That was a good day! :) Anyway, very fun posts and blog.