Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Instagram Schminstagram

I never would have guessed that someone could make a successful business idea by promoting modern day photographs taken with digital cameras that look so faded and dingy that you would think they were developed in the summer of 1976 at a photomat. I've given in to Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, but I put my foot down when it comes to Instagram. I just can't support something that makes modern pictures look so old and crappy.

I'm also tired of seeing so many pictures of food. Don't get me wrong, I love food and pictures of delicious victuals, but if you are going shares photos with the world over the Internet, then make it something interesting. Pictures of Big Foot, UFOs, or the Loch Ness monster are news worthy, the omelet you made for breakfast is not.


One of the problems with technology is that everyone now has the tools to promote their stuff. Many people with a cell phone camera think they are professional photographers just like anyone who can burn their own CD believes they are a successful musician.

I am probably jumping to conclusions and I admit that I'm not familiar with all the benefits of Instagram. I'm just tired of so many social media programs that detract from blogging. Chaka's World used to be a popular blog with many visitors and comments but now it is just a lonely forum for me to gripe about stuff. I now know how the carburetor and vinyl record industries must have felt when technology gutted them. As a result, I have gotten a little depressed and have started neglecting this blog much like a meth addict neglects their appearance. Maybe I'll cheer myself up by taking pictures of random stuff and posting it online for everyone to see.


1 comment:

Dr Zibbs said...

I agree. Unless people are posting super interesting pics.