Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Where's Chaka?

I will be taking a little sabbatical from my blog this week. I will not be able to post or visit the many blogs of my friends. I have been pretty consistent at posting every three days and I just don't want anyone to worry when they don't see the usual activity on my blog. Just know I did not slip getting out of the tub and did not break my back and am not cold and naked on the floor trying to call for help until my voice is hoarse. No it is much worse than that. I am going on a week long scout camp.

While I'm away for 5 long days I'd encourage you to take some time to think about what Chaka's World means to you. Peter Cetera once said "You don't know what you got until it's gone, and I found out a little too late". I'd hate to have that happen to you so don't take it for granted. I imagine it will be hard to get through this week but there are always reruns. Just click the older posts bottom at the bottom of the page. If you find yourself having major withdrawals this week I suggest that you lie down in a padded room and put a stick in your mouth before you start convulsing.

I don't mean to toot my own horn, and I'm sorry for bringing up the word toot, but I just thought I'd share what I've heard others say about my blog lately through the grapevine.

"The world is definitely a better place since Chaka's World came on the scene" -Anonymous "Finally a safe site I can let my kids go to on the Internet" -Concerned Parent
"Chaka what... What's a blog?" -Elderly gentleman
"No comment, just a sarcastic slow clap"-Rude guy
"I can't believe something free could be so entertaining" -Guy on a budget
"I personally believe that most Americans don't know about his blogs or in the Iraq or such as blogging and we should read them for the children" -Teen Beauty Pageant Contestant

Have a great week and have fun without me.

12 comments:

MJenks said...

Would I say, "If you're hunting for a good read this October, Chaka's blog is a clear and present danger to your free time"? Hell no, I wouldn't! What do you mean I just said it?

Kelly said...

Have fun with the scouts! I know how much you love camping : )

Kristina P. said...

I just shed a tear.

Enjoy your sabbatical!

Dr Zibbs said...

I reflect on what you mean to me as well as on the word toot.

Andrew Rodriguez said...

What, there are no wi fi hotspots at scout camp these days? Where is it, Russia? Have fun!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Well, bless my soul...I just get back into the groove and come to get my daily dose of Chaka and...sniff sniff (cue the violins)...you're going away for a bit! WHHHHYYY???? (imagine me sobbing hysterically...) WHHHYYYY?????

I will be anxiously awaiting your safe return! Have fun on your sabbatical....(I ran over and kicked the rude guy for you...)

Roshni said...

wow! You have such high-profile readers!! I'm developing an inferiority complex as well as the withdrawal symptoms!! :P

Tom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beckalita said...

I wondered how on earth it was possible that no one commented on this most excellent post. Then I realized that you weren't home to post all the ton of comments it is sure to receive. Duh! Really. You should have made the necessary arrangements. Hey, that gives me an idea. I could start a business managing people's blogs while they're away. Whatever.

peewee said...

I swear...WHO will make me laugh this week? WHO??!?!?!?

Jeanne Estridge said...

Thank God I didn't get over here till the wait was almost over!

Girl Interrupted said...

Hahaha ... aw, hope you have a great time, but hurry back Chaka, each one of your posts is a little, sparkly gem