Monday, January 25, 2010

Cold Weather

I don't like cold weather. I'm sure I could enjoy snowy winters if I happened to be in a nice cabin with a roaring fire and a mug of hot chocolate. I could look out the window and watch the cold weather from my comfortable vantage point and say things like "Isn't it beautiful". Unfortunately that never happens, so I hate cold weather.

I feel kind of ungrateful since I complain all summer about how hot it is and then when the seasons change I gripe about the cold. Don't be surprised if you see a post next summer about how much I hate hot summers. Why can't Spring and Fall (aka the reasonable seasons) last longer? Anyway, back to my hate of cold weather-I hate it because it actually hurts my body. It makes me feel like Mr. Freeze is tazing me. I found a fitting picture of how winter makes me feel. In addition to the physical discomfort, there is also the financial pinch of higher gas bills, but that is a post for another day.


I think I am going to make a paper chain counting down the days until Spring.

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

We were just having a conversation about how nice it's been that it hasn't been snowing lately. I love global warming.

Kelly said...

Hang in there Chaka! Every day is closer to Spring...

Eric said...

Cold is great, you can always layer up. There's no fixing hot, unless you are ready to pony up the big $$$$.

ShanaM said...

I am not a big fan of cold either.