Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Blog Cleanse

When I was at the store recently, I noticed several cleansing products on one of the aisles. I've always been intrigued with this concept, but at the same time I'm a little leery of the stories that 40 pounds of undigested food were found in John Wayne's colon at the time of his autopsy. I've heard similar urban legends involving Elvis. Anyway, now that we are grossed out I can move onto my topic of the blog cleanse.

I recently had a blogger friend mention that she was deleting several people from her Facebook account since she wasn't even sure who they were. I think cleaning things, de-junking, and simplifying can be a good thing. I've recently felt that my posts have been mediocre at best and they don't seem to pack the same punch they did several years ago. I think now is a good time to take a brief blog vacation to renew and cleanse so I can come back in better shape.


Coincidentally, in the morning I am taking 10 scouts to scout camp for a week so I will be away from my computer and it is the perfect time for a blog cleanse. While I am up in the mountains, I hope to clear away the clutter of my mind and hopefully I will come back refreshed and ready to unleash some new creative ideas on my blog with a vengeance....or at least have some insightful posts about tying knots and earning merit badges.

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I need a blog enema too.

Kelly said...

I've been on a blog hiatus myself. If I don't have anything good to say I think remaining silent is best...

Good luck at scout camp!