Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Resolutions/The Bucket List

Someone has been lazy lately. This is the longest I have ever gone between posts. I feel even worse for not visiting all the blogs I usually follow. I will stay on top of things better this upcoming year. Last year I set a lot of goals and as usual, I only completed a small percentage of them. I was however able to do the following: graduate from college, get a scooter, run another marathon, and get 100 followers on my blog, and lose 20 pounds. Like most people this time of year, I have been considering what I'd like to accomplish in 2010. I know many people are against resolutions, but I think goals are critical for me or I don't get anything done.

As I was looking over my bucket list of things I'd like to do during my life, I was a little bit torn. I like the idea of living life to the fullest, and I had previously made a list of all kinds of things I'd like to do some day before I die, but while I was reviewing the list, I began to question if I really wanted to some of the items I had previously written down. One example is being able to jump from my back to my feet like Jackie Chan and other marital artists do. It doesn't really accomplish anything, but it sure looks cool. Also, if I really wanted to play the piano I probably would have stuck with my lessons when I was 10. I'm a little confused if I giving up on my dreams or just determining what things I really care about?

I think 2010 will have some good things in store. I'd like to take Chaka's World to the Next level by turning it into a TV mini series staring Jacqueline Smith and Leslie Nielsen. If that doesn't work out I will have some other surprises, but I will make it a better place to visit in 2010. Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Can't wait to see the mini series!

Best wishes for 2010

Jeanne Estridge said...

There's a difference between goals (which are a good things) and resolutions (which are just silly).

Sounds you made excellent progress on your goals last year!

Lisa said...

You have accomplished the moon in 2009. Can't wait to see what is next in 2010.

Best wishes for the New Year.